Cat's Mogular Diary

It's mogular. It's blogular. It's cat's mogular diary. The diary of a humble tabby cat. Regular musings from the cat perspective. Mostly involving Felix, Whiskas or IAMs (I should be so lucky)

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Major event!!!

Something big was in the air.

The tension built steadily as the afternoon gave way to evening. A take-away arrived at about 7pm and for while I hung around hoping for the odd mouthful of duck or a prawn. The tension was already high though. We mogs can sense it. So I tried to keep away.

I popped my head in occasionally. As the evening progressed the tension increased with a dry, icey silence; but also mingled with deep depression. Sometime later I was in the kitchen when there was an almighty shout of joy. Then more silence, more tension, but the depression had lifted somewhat.

My sorties into the heart of the event were less frequent now. There was not much to be gained for a mog – but you never know when you might get a tabby treat!

Later still, and all of a sudden, there was more roaring and shouting, but this time it was sustained. Also the tension suddenly released to apparent joy. Bignose burst through to the kitchen and into the fridge. A treat, for me I thought? No. He left with a green bottle. Next there was a loud pop and then more whooping and bellowing.

Soon things started to return to normal. I could hear the familiar sound of meaningless twopaw chatter. I popped my head around the door and was greeted with a feast of tabby treats. It was late. They were happy. I was happy; but what was it all about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home