Cat's Mogular Diary

It's mogular. It's blogular. It's cat's mogular diary. The diary of a humble tabby cat. Regular musings from the cat perspective. Mostly involving Felix, Whiskas or IAMs (I should be so lucky)

Friday, May 27, 2005

Bat

Some more of my earlier mogular life.

Having settled comfortably into Flat now, I decided to refresh my hunting skills. With free access to the outside world 24/7 via the newly fitted mogular access point, I had nothing to lose.

After some early reconnaissance missions I soon found a prime location behind the underground car park in some trees. Bats! Bats hanging from the low branches. Low branches I might just be able to reach with a good leap.

I returned to the spot many times during the days that followed to practise the pounce I needed to get my first prey since moving to Flat. Then, on a suitably dark night, late, with Debris and Bignose asleep in bed I went on my first mission. I crept to the site and, sure enough, there they were, hanging upside down from the branch, having just returned from their evening flight. I positioned myself silently and then pounce – I was in!

Success!

Bat in mouth I made great haste to get back to Flat with it still alive. I had to keep it fresh! When I arrived home though, I was suddenly touched by a pang of guilt. All of the mogular sustenance that Debris and Bignose had given me and I had never given them anything back. I resolved that the bat would be a present; my contribution to Flat. I placed it carefully in to Debris’ handbag and then went to wake them with a great yowl.

Debris woke with a start, not looking too pleased, but followed my beckoning to her bag. As she opened the bag, the bat, in her words, "rose up like Dracula from the crypt!" It was so exciting!


Bat Posted by Hello

Debris did not look pleased with my gift though. In fact she seemed quite angry. She quickly opened the front door and the bat flew out. It was gone after all my efforts. She closed the front door and locked the mogular access point. It stayed locked for the rest of the night. My first gift – spurned.

It seems that the word bat is now a joke in our home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home