Cat's Mogular Diary

It's mogular. It's blogular. It's cat's mogular diary. The diary of a humble tabby cat. Regular musings from the cat perspective. Mostly involving Felix, Whiskas or IAMs (I should be so lucky)

Friday, June 17, 2005

Operation Tom and Jerry

Some more of my earlier mogular life.



After the incident with the bat, I was careful about the hunting for a while. You know us mogs though, sooner or later we get the urge!

Down in the undergrowth in the garden outside flat, I found a whole community of mice. I restrained myself for a number of seconds but in the end, the paws was too strong. I had to have a go. So, in broad daylight, on a Saturday afternoon, there was I, poised like a coiled spring waiting to pounce. Then, in a flash, like tabby lightning, I made my move. The mouse didn’t stand a chance! I managed to hold it in my paws, no need to for claws or teeth; much better alive!

I made haste back up to flat, mouse in jaws. I knew Debris and Bignose would be proud. Ok so maybe a bat was not ideal – all that flying nonsense – but you can’t beat a good mouse, can you?

When I got back, there was no one in. I was distraught, for a moment. These things pass though. Soon I was playing with the mouse in the living room. I chased it for hours. We had great fun playing together. Then it hid behind the bookshelves; what a spoilsport! I sat there for ages waiting for it to come out.

A while later, the twopaws returned with bags full of mogular sustenance. Now, I admit, I am normally excited by this quantity of mogular sustenance, but not when there is a mouse to chase. I kept my guard on the shelves.

A short while later the twopaws noticed the attention I was giving to the shelves. In no time at all they had the books off the shelves and the bookcase pulled away from the wall. The mouse shot out straight under the sofa. Debris and Bignose encouraged me to the chase.

The chase went on for some time, the mouse would hide under an item of furniture, Bignose would move it and the mouse would shoot out again, with me right on its tail. We were like a train with a mouse engine hauling tabby all around the floor. I had not enjoyed myself so much in years! I could tell Bignose and Debris were really enjoying it too!

Then it happened, all of a sudden. Bignose moved another chair, the mouse shot out, and down came his right, slippered, paw. He trapped the mouse by the tail like a real expert. I was staggered. I thought twopaws couldn’t catch mice!

Then he picked it up, walked down to the garden and returned it to the mouse community. Now that was a bit much. After all my efforts to catch it, he took it straight back. Alive!

Still we had had lots of fun, and the twopaws also seemed to enjoy the next two hours putting all the furniture and books back. Funny they should enjoy it so much too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home